Prostate and erectile dysfunction, male disorders without taboo!
Talking about subjects as personal as prostate problems or erectile dysfunction is not always easy, especially when you don't know who to turn to! We help you see things more clearly!
I have trouble getting an erection, what solutions to fix it?
Think about natural solutions!
- Ginger is renowned for its vasodilating properties: consuming ginger daily for a few weeks will allow a better irrigation of blood in the penis.
- Hops meanwhile reduces stress and awakens the libido! You will find hops in the form of herbal tea, for example. If the problems persist, consider having a check-up with your doctor!
How to recognize a prostate problem?
There are different prostate problems ranging from simple inflammation (prostatitis) or enlargement (adenoma) of the prostate to cancer. The symptoms are quite similar: pain, more frequent urination, difficulty urinating, fever...
If you detect these symptoms, consult a doctor as soon as possible!
I frequently have urinary problems, how do I deal with them?
Did you know that tobacco, overweight, sedentary lifestyle or even diabetes promote prostate problems?
- The first thing to do to combat urinary disorders is to adopt a healthy lifestyle: quitting smoking and doing physical exercise can help you regain your urinary comfort!
- Also remember to favor anti-inflammatory foods such as turmeric and fruits, vegetables rich in antioxidants or even pumpkin seeds.
I'm tired and stressed… Can this explain my erectile dysfunction?
A study was carried out on a panel of men experiencing erectile dysfunction. A third of them say they are regularly stressed! The explanation is simple: the adrenaline caused by stress narrows the blood vessels. The penis then encounters difficulties in filling with blood since the vessels are not well dilated and the erection is disturbed!
Also, remember that an erection is both mental and physical effort! Both stress and fatigue affect your concentration and your physical strength: in these conditions, you don't have the fuel necessary to make this effort!
From what age should I have my prostate checked?
Adenoma and cancer of the prostate are diseases which generally appear from the age of 50. If you have a family history, it is best to do this examination ten years earlier or when the symptoms mentioned above appear.
If you have any doubts or are in your 50s, see your doctor who will send you to a urologist for a digital rectal examination.
I am very embarrassed by my erection problems, so I isolate myself, who can I turn to to talk about it?
Nearly three million men suffer from erectile dysfunction in France. So rest assured, you are not alone! But few of you dare to talk about it...
However, it is the first thing to do to start a support that will free you from this weight. Speak to a health professional or confide in the Association for the Development of Information and Research on Sexuality, which has developed a telephone help line run by sexologist doctors (0 825 00 00 10 open Monday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.).
From what age can one have erectile dysfunction?
Erectile disorders generally appear with age - from the age of 50 - fatigue and the possible onset of cardiovascular problems: these are so-called secondary erectile disorders. Primary erectile dysfunction can affect men from an early age since they are of psychological origin.
These primary and secondary disorders affect more than one in ten men during their lifetime
8 Dos (and Don'ts) If You Have Erectile Dysfunction
- Don't dramatize! An erection disorder is a trivial problem that is most often temporary. Do not focus on this situation: the more you stress, the more you worry, the more it risks becoming chronic!
- Eat balanced! Avoid dishes that are too salty, too sweet and too fatty. Clogged arteries lead to erectile dysfunction...
- Move! Regular physical activity helps dilate your arteries and thin your blood. The perfect conditions for an erection at the top!
- Avoid alcohol! Too much alcohol can disrupt an erection for several hours.
- Stop smoking! Tobacco clogs your arteries and therefore those of your penis. If you smoke and have erection problems, the solution may be right under your nose…
- Bet on herbal medicine ! Maca is known for its action on the libido: it is even nicknamed the “Peruvian Viagra”! Ginseng and ginger also boost libido and promote erection.
- Talk to your doctor! If the disorders persist, only a specialist can help you to make them disappear and, possibly, diagnose an underlying problem